• Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Mine were blue till ten weeks ago but now they are bloodshot as I surfed tarmac and bust me collar bone sort of falling of this,

7582475.jpg

thudna5.gif

Here are a couple of CT scan pics of me busted clavicle. In the second pic you can just make out the bone trying to knit together in one small section. So me body was trying but just not quite getting there.

xFB8IdY.png

j5bTZG9.png

An a couple of the clavicle plated and screwed

i8FIp4T.png

UCENoBK.png

The consultant got me a copy of all me x-rays on a cd for me to give to me new doc down in Wales. The cd also had a viewer application on it so I had a good looksee at all the images. :cool:

Reaction score
Ooh that looks rely painful, I think you should change your PC name to Bionic. How did you manage to do that? You take it easy no lifting etc:eek:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ooh that looks rely painful, I think you should change your PC name to Bionic. How did you manage to do that? You take it easy no lifting etc:eek:

Seem to have lost track of what I have posted and where :blush:

I thought life was pretty lousy last year. Well this year life is even worse. Here is just one snippet from a tale of woe.

I was forced into looking for alternative reliable transport as the old Mitsubishi at 14 years old was simply a cash black hole and every time I drive it I pray to the gods that I will make it home.
As the dreaded MOT (Ministry of Transport yearly test)was looming and cash from me mums house sale will arrive ?????????????????. I decided that I could scrape up enough cash to purchase a cheaper alternative to a car, cheaper to buy, on fuel , tax etc etc. So after much deliberation I found an almost new

7582475.jpg

Only had 997 miles on the clock so it was almost run in. Took it out for a first ride of 27 miles came back with the first decent smile on me face since April 2015.
Next day went for a ride with me mate, fab day out on the roads north. On the way home 97 miles later on some minor road the bike decided to jump and dance on a long stretch of sand and gravel left by the last storms. Tussled with the barley tamed beast and it made one last jig wrestled me to the ground and jumped on top of me. 500cc Royal Enfield Bullets are pretty darn heavy. Luckily my ankle jammed under the exhaust did not break, or my knee or hip. They did end up blue black purple and several shades of yucky greeny yellow. As did the entire right side and front of my ribs. Oh and my collar bone snapped clean in two.
I managed to kick the bike of me leg before I got burnt but could barley breath let alone move for almost fifteen minutes. Took almost two and a half hours for the ambulance to get to me and drop me of at the hospital due to the remoteness of the crash. Worst couple of hours of me life as I was sure that I was badly smashed up. Luckily only the collar bone was broken.
Mind you I could not lie down on a bed to sleep for four weeks and had to doze of in an armchair. Saw the consultant after six weeks and he told me the bone was not healing well and I had to go back and see him in three weeks.
That was today and as I suspected he told me that the bone had not healed and I would need some CAT scans and a wait of several more weeks before they could operate and plate and screw me up. Knowing the NHS that could be a couple of weeks to a couple of months before they operate. So it looks like I will be handicapped and out of action for quite some time to come.
Never even turned the pc on for four weeks as I was totally out of it on some heavy duty opiates. Am only just managing to do some very basic pc stuff as am pretty darn down in the dumps.
So Sorry for not logging in earlier folks.

For the bikers out there here is a bit more info on the beast.

http://madelikeagun....classic_500.php

Armed with a potent fuel injected 500cc engine and clothed in a disarmingly appealing post war styling, this promises to be the most coveted Royal Enfield in history. For those who want it all. The power, the fuel efficiency, the reliability and simple, yet drop dead gorgeous classic styling. The classic turns heads not because it wants to but because it can't help it. You will appreciate the beat not just for the music it creates but also for the muted feeling of strength and power that it signifies. The view is simply better when you are astride a Royal Enfield Classic 500 â?? whether moving or still. Nothing more to be said.

crying.gif

classic500_black.jpg

Would have preferred the smaller up swept pipe configuration but here in the UK you get the fat long exhaust as in the first pic. Apart from that the beast is fab.
thumbup.gif
If only I could ride it
bye2.gif

Ooooops nearly forgot. The bike has a couple of small scratches, a small bend in the front mudguard and the side box will not close properly. An a small bend to a bracket has already been fixed just needs a dab of black paint. Hacked of that the ambulance crew cut one leg of me luverly leathers which did save me from gravel rash as the bike and me skated along horizontally on the road for fifteen feet (me mate measured the distance whilst waiting for the AA) An hurray me leather jacket was almost scratch free. There is always a silver lining to any tale.
breakfast.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That 3D model is fascinating!

The coloured pic ? I thought those views were the bizz. That is one of the CT scans. There were 68 pictures and they show views almost as if you were holding the skeleton and rotating it. The black and white CT scans had 122 pictures but were not so exiting.
:cool:

Reaction score
I used to love motorcycling back in the day started with a Lambretta 125 then a BSA C15 250cc, Royal Enfield 500 then lastly Honda 550 cc. Unfortunately I had a accident whilst in the Fire service had a 500lb gas cylinder blow up on me which put paid to my riding and fire service days. I have to admit I still miss not having a bike but had great fun with them. When I had the C15 traveled all over Europe with my camping kit wonder full days and great memories.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The coloured pic ? I thought those views were the bizz. That is one of the CT scans. There were 68 pictures and they show views almost as if you were holding the skeleton and rotating it.

That's awesome! I wonder if they could give you 3D models as well as the images? Would be pretty cool to get it 3D printed :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That's awesome! I wonder if they could give you 3D models as well as the images? Would be pretty cool to get it 3D printed :thumb:

They probably could do 3D stuff but I doubt they would let you access it. I do know that they 3D print bits and pieces of bone for use real time.
I wonder if the artificial bone graft they used on me was 3D printed ?

:cool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Ask a Question