What are your Internet speeds

Reaction score
Just completed a Internet speed test
1470951049879955255.png
and wondered what other members results were Like. I live out in the country and our Internet Provider is a service that is subed by Kent County Council and is a by sight wireless signal and is still faster than the BT fibre as the cabling from the box to the user is a mixture of copper and aluminum and the latter has high loss so many here have only 10mbps.

Reaction score
When I lived in Maidstone I had my bungalow on site of a Kent County Council IT center supplied by Virgin and the download speck was was good in those days at something like 46 Mb/s and I thought that was good and that was 6 years ago

Reaction score
Blimey that is good your download is faster than my and Evan's download speed put together:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... the postman calls once a week with my internet. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score

Not that good but I'm told it's my local BT Exchange with it's antiquated equipment that throttles my service. I pay for a faster service but BT manage to put the kibosh on it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Mediocre internet here, as we're quite far from the cabinet. Still, it does me ok :).

5554853813.png

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
5586832216.png

Darn it mine has got slower. You'll notice that my internet speed is 92% slower than the rest of the UK. Great result for a citizen of one of the richest countries in the world. :cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Doesn't VF use the Openreach network? If so then you shouldn't be limited to just them. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Doesn't VF use the Openreach network? If so then you shouldn't be limited to just them. :)

Not really up on what is what but there is Superfast/Fibre in the street. Still deciding if I need just broadband or broadband plus tv. Probably will go for fastest broadband as I can get anything I want to watch from the net.
Still looking for deals and they may change before I am ready to sign up. I may be able to get Talk Talk to give me a great deal as I am at the end of my present contract.

Lets face it any speed I can get will be fantastic compared to my present crawl :dance:

Ask a Question