WGT624 v2 Extender

Reaction score
Hello peeps. I have a spare router. I want to use it to extend my LAN to my sons room instead of running cables (very awkward) or buying Powerline sockets (too expensive)

I have done some reading up and messed about with TCIP etc before however I'm not sure if there is a firm available for this model. Work apparently was halted a few years ago according to what I have read on DD-WRT

Basically wireless connection to main router and then ethernet to xbox and popcorn

Any suggestions?

TIA

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You will be basically using the second router as a Switch or Access point.

The second router must be set up in 'client mode' to utilize its full routing functionality, a mode that many home routers don't support. Consult the manual to determine whether it supports client mode and how to configure it. Just so you know.

Two wireless' will more than likely conflict with each other, run the main (first one) non-wirelessly.

THIS should explain a wee bit better.

I'd run the 'awkward' cable and have peace of mind. :)

Reaction score
Yeah it's not as easy as that. its a split level flat. My sons room is at the far end of it

I know about assigning tow separate LAN IP's for the wireless. I used to have two wireless routers running. One at 5ghz the other was standard 2.4ghz. I mainly used the latter so decided to disable the first. Running a cable would be a complete nightmare because of the split levels and distance. I have the equipment/cable/tools etc to do it but really don't want to as the flat has just been fully recarpeted

Ask a Question