"WGAErrLog" Text Document in the windows TEMP Folder?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, May 1, 2006.

    Hi

    Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
    purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.

    Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years without
    problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file appear
    in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".

    When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
    numbers and letters and the first line is:

    D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F

    Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in my
    Windows TEMP folder?

    Regards

    Dave

    Guest, May 1, 2006

    Jon Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
    > purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
    >
    > Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years
    > without
    > problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file
    > appear
    > in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
    >
    > When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
    > numbers and letters and the first line is:
    >
    > D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in
    > my
    > Windows TEMP folder?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Dave

    Equivalent to asking - Yes I've let the wild dog run amok around my house,
    and do what it likes, but why is there now a mess on the kitchen floor?

    Jon

    Jon, May 1, 2006

    Alias Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Firstly, I am using Windows XP Home and it is a legal, validated and
    > purchased copy. The Windows Genuine Advantage Tool is installed.
    >
    > Now to my question. I have been using XP Home for around two years without
    > problems, but over the last couple of days, I have noticed a text file appear
    > in the Windows TEMP file and that file is called "WGAErrLog".
    >
    > When I open the the text file, I see about two and a quarter lines of
    > numbers and letters and the first line is:
    >
    > D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_D446F964-508-80004005_D446F964-441-80004005_6AA6ADEF-541-80004005_D446F
    >
    > Can anyone tell me why this WGAErrLog file has just started appearing in my
    > Windows TEMP folder?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Dave

    It's from the latest WGA "critical update", an update that serves no
    purpose for the user but does serve to supposedly show MS if you're a
    thief or not. Ignore the file; it can't be removed.

    If that thrills you, just wait until next Tuesday when a new and
    "improved" WGA comes out (the fourth one).

    Looks like MS is going to WGA itself out of business and create a legion
    of users who are quite angry. Very stupid PR move on the part of MS if
    you ask me.

    Alias

    Alias, May 1, 2006

    Hi

    Many thanks to those who have replied to my question.

    Even though I had never seen this error message in the Win Temp folder until
    a couple of days ago, I had started to ignore it until this evening when I
    stared up my computer and got M$ messages telling me that my copy of Windows
    was counterfeit and it now appears every time I boot into Windows and, quite
    frankly, it's p*****g me off!

    As stated in my first post, my copy of XP Home IS a bought and LEGAL copy of
    XP!

    I have the COA on the side of my computer case which has a LEGAL M$ product
    installation key, so on earth is going on here!!!!!

    Oh and by the way, when I signed in here for the first time, I did not
    insert any email address in my profile, so if M$ don't collect information
    from the user, how come I got a notification email from The Microsoft
    Community, which was sent to my primary email address??????

    Regards, Dave

    "A bloody annoyed Windows User"

    Guest, May 1, 2006

    Hi

    I replied last night to a user called "Alias" (though I'm not sure of the
    name but I have just logged in today and I see that his reply has been
    removed and also my latest response.

    If the moderators have removed my post and that of Alias, you should provide
    an explanation as to why you removed the posts.

    What on earth is going on at this forum.

    Your in disgust

    Dave

    Guest, May 2, 2006

    Alias Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I replied last night to a user called "Alias" (though I'm not sure of the
    > name but I have just logged in today and I see that his reply has been
    > removed and also my latest response.
    >
    > If the moderators have removed my post and that of Alias, you should provide
    > an explanation as to why you removed the posts.
    >
    > What on earth is going on at this forum.
    >
    > Your in disgust
    >
    > Dave

    You mean this one?:

[...]

    Mine has been removed.