Welcome to the New Server!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
You deserve a big thank you for all the time and work you have put in to the server change-over Ian, :D good luck with any remaining wee bugs, I'm sure you'll soon be able to squash 'em with a well-aimed size-9!! ;) :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've done a quick 5 second PHP reset to change the e-mail send settings to confirm they are set correctly - but I've done a signup test and it seems to send mail ok. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Server load seemed to be getting quite high at peak times (3PM), so I've enabled one of the speed tweaks I had put in place but not activated. This is effectively a live test for the next 24 hours to see how stability is. It worked fine on the test server for a week, but a live environment is quite different ;) If you notice any errors or problems please do let me know and I'll disable it :thumb:

For any geeks out there it is eaccelerator for PHP 4.4.7 that I'm trialing!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This tweak has been removed for now, as it's causing stability problems - no surprise there! ;)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i got this error when trying to get onto the site

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\Index.php on line 19

i had to refresh the page 3 or 4 times to get onto the site

Reaction score
Also got the following message 10 minutes ago & unable to load page.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\Index.php on line 19

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\forums\includes\functions.php on line 485

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers CFC and feckit, I'll take a look and see what caused this now :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What happened to the 'New Subscribed Threads' on the main page? (under the 'New Gallery Images' link)

Not a big problem, just i miss it! Lol

Oh and something i was going to post last night but forgot, Under the 'Forums' drop down at the top. Hover over 'Forums' and go to 'Options' its not a link like the rest. (Below the Subscribed Threads link)

Sorry Ian, just a couple of things i noticed. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers V_R!

That link on the front page causes problems with the new MySQL server for some reason, so I need to re-write the code - hopefully I'll get that done this week :thumb:

I'll sort the options link now :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think something else on the main page is causing a slow down, I'm going to give it a re-jig now and see what I can do - it may mean that some things go missing from it temporarily :)

edit: found the blighter :D 1 more bug down!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
also when i come to the main page on the old site i was always logged on when i came to the home page now even though the box is checked im not logged in, then once im logged in i have to navigate away from the home page to something like features and then back to the front page to see the new posts since I last visited the site.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
also when i come to the main page on the old site i was always logged on when i came to the home page now even though the box is checked im not logged in, then once im logged in i have to navigate away from the home page to something like features and then back to the front page to see the new posts since I last visited the site.
That's an interesting one, is anyone else experiencing this?

I'm working through a list of bugs now as they crop up :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No here i cant remember the last time i had to put my UN and PW in on this site at home. :)

Ian, i may have found a small bug.... Sorry. :)

Now i aint that popular!! LOL I just got a PM from Ady, read it and then it said this....
laughingsmiley.gif

attachment.php

Attachments

• online.jpg
    online.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 373

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Eek! Now that is alot! ;)

Does it still look like that now? I think I may have to downgrade the DB server to the old version tomorrow, it should be an almost instant switchover though as the DB files remain the same.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep still there, i have no unread messages though.

Also i just clicked the link 'You have 2 confirmed and 1 unconfirmed private message receipts.' thats under the 'Folder contents' box at the top of the PM page and it says
V_R, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
*snip*.
You tryin to tell me something!!?
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question