    the caps lock comes on.. every single time. I have done a
    virus check and also checked around but can't find any hot
    keys mapped to this behavior... any ideas?

    morgan1112, Jul 4, 2003

  2. morgan1112

    Guest

    Pressing the Windows-key plus the L normally puts you in locked mode.
    Maybe your Windows-key is stuck?
    Occasionally I see the ctrl/shift/alt type keys get "stuck" (not physically,
    but in software somewhere) out of sync with their actual state - if you press
    each of these keys a few times, it may get them back in sync.

    In article <00e901c3424a$0ced5780$>, "morgan1112"
    <> wrote:
    |This is very weird, out of the blue whenever I press the L
    |key on my keyboard, windows goes into a locked mode and
    |the caps lock comes on.. every single time. I have done a
    |virus check and also checked around but can't find any hot
    |keys mapped to this behavior... any ideas?

    , Jul 4, 2003

  3. morgan1112

    JJ Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:33:50 -0700, "morgan1112"
    <> wrote:

    >This is very weird, out of the blue whenever I press the L
    >key on my keyboard, windows goes into a locked mode and
    >the caps lock comes on.. every single time. I have done a
    >virus check and also checked around but can't find any hot
    >keys mapped to this behavior... any ideas?

    Try a different keyboard. Your windows key may be stuck just enough,
    to make that happen, because WinKey + L locks the computer.

    jj

    JJ, Jul 4, 2003
  4. On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 14:23:05 -0400, JJ <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 09:33:50 -0700, "morgan1112"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>This is very weird, out of the blue whenever I press the L
    >>key on my keyboard, windows goes into a locked mode and
    >>the caps lock comes on.. every single time. I have done a
    >>virus check and also checked around but can't find any hot
    >>keys mapped to this behavior... any ideas?

    >Try a different keyboard. Your windows key may be stuck just enough,
    >to make that happen, because WinKey + L locks the computer.
    >
    >jj

    Have to disagree with ya there.....
    WinKey+L brings up the Logon screen.

    My guess is the original poster has installed a 3rd party app that has
    mapped "hot-keys". Tweakers, Screensaver launchers, and various
    toolbar apps often have these features. On install they *may* set
    hot-keys to default without you ever knowing it.

    §kullywag©-

    §kullywag©-, Jul 4, 2003
  5. morgan1112

    David Guest

    <> wrote:

    >This is very weird, out of the blue whenever I press the L
    >key on my keyboard, windows goes into a locked mode and
    >the caps lock comes on.. every single time. I have done a
    >virus check and also checked around but can't find any hot
    >keys mapped to this behavior... any ideas?

    Tap your Windows Key a few times. It may be sticking.

    David

    David, Jul 4, 2003
  6. Jeff Johnson [MVP: VB] rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

    >"§kullywag©-" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> >Try a different keyboard. Your windows key may be stuck just enough,
    >> >to make that happen, because WinKey + L locks the computer.

    >> Have to disagree with ya there.....
    >> WinKey+L brings up the Logon screen.

    > I believe it depends on whether you're joined to a domain and/or have set
    > the option to require Ctrl+Alt+Del to log on. I'm on a domain and Windows+L
    > locks my machine.

    Windows + L locks my machine too

    Black Baptist, Jul 12, 2003