Webcam Not Recognised by MSN 6.1/Windows Messenger 5.0/Yahoo Messenger 5.6

G

This is a problem myself and several people on this forum have asked for help on.
The problem hasn't been addressed by ANYONE yet.
If u do not know the solution, please post that u do not know.
It's very frustrating to have this post ignored, particularly seeing as it has been posted several times by several different people.
VERY IMPORTANT:
-IF U DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY (apart from "I do not know the solution to this problem"-which I would appreciate)
THEN DO NOT POST A REPLY.
I'M SICK OF PEOPLE POSTING THINGS LIKE:
"PLEASE KEEP THE TEXT INSIDE THE BOX SO NO SCROLLING IS REQUIRED" AND SUCH LIKE NONSENSE
I AM POSTING HERE TO TRY TO FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM
IF U CAN HELP, PLEASE DO
THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE WITH THE SAME PROBLEM
THANKS YOU
THE PROBLEM IS AS FOLLOWS:
Hi
I've been having problems witha Trust webcam on MSN.
It works totally fine on my Laptop, but comes up as "Not connected" in MSN on my Desktop, depite having done the exact same installation as Laptop.
Plus, when i press the little picture button on top of the Cam, the Preview window pops up and i can see the image, so the camera clearly works, but will not appear in MSN or Yahoo Messenger.
I have a firewall now as i recently got Bradband, but i have had the cam prob before installing Firewall and turing it off yields no joy either.
So i'm pretty sure it's a setting on the Desktop PC, but all the diagnostics say the cam is working fine
Anyway, I saw your post and thought maybe u had some joy with your problem and could advise.
My email is:
(e-mail address removed)
ANY help greatly appreciated
webcam has been installed correctly on my Laptop PC and my Desktop PC. It works in yahoo messenger and MSN and Windows messenger on Laptop, but not on Desktop. Installation was exactly the same on both.
-I have checked for updated drivers, I am using the latest version.
-I have disabled both the XP firewall and my Agnitum firewall. This has made no difference whether on or off.
-I have tried both with and without anti-virus software enabled, again no difference.
-I have looked in Device manager and the camera is listed and the PC says that everything is working correctly.
I have ran the various troubleshooting and diagnostic programs in Device manager and browsed several forums online for help with no success.
-The camera is a USB 2.0 device. I have USB 1 ports on my desktop. However, it states clearly in the camera instruction manual that the Camera will work perfectly well with USB 1 Ports. It even demonstrates with a photo of the difference in picture quality when using a USB 1 port. So this is not the problem.
-The Camera has a little button on top of it for taking pics. When I press this button, a preview window opens up and I can see the video image from the Camera. So the camera is working, but it will not show up in Yahoo Messenger/MSN/Windows Messenger.
-I am using:
-Yahoo Messenger version 5.6.0.1347
-Windows Messenger 5.0
-MSN version 6.1
I have encountered the exact same problem with all three programmes.
The camera works in all three programmes on the Laptop, so clearly it is a setting on my PC, or a conflict which needs to be sorted out. I have tried a different Camera also, and the exact same problem has occured.
Please, any advice you may have on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
(e-mail address removed)
Rubii

G

Windows messenger,msn,and yahoo messenger,all installed on th
same computer at one time ?? First,microsoft says you should only run
windows or msn at same time, second,you installed windows messenger 5.
even though its suppose to update 4.7 in xp its a headache with mor
problems than its worth,go back to 4.7. You list youre isp provider e-mai
with yahoo.com,so why install msn messenger,thats specifically designed for ms
explorer,a dial-up connection isp. No wonder you have all those problems !!

G

Thanks Andrew, I'll try that
I have to say though, that I first encountered this problem when I bought the PC and only Windows Messenger was installed. Back then I tried to use my DV Camera in MSN and when I had this problem, a friend suggested that the resolution of the DV Camera was too high for a 56k modem (which is what I was using back then). So, it wasn't until I got a little Webcam and received the same error messages that I realised that the problem isn't the Camera
I'm on a 512k DSL connection now

Also, I'm not sure what this means
"You list you're isp provider e-mai
with yahoo.com....

Many Thanks Andrew
Rubii

Ask a Question