    so I think it isn't a problem with USB drivers.

    Maybe anyone had the same problem - and how to solve it ?

    Machine: ECS K7S5; USB1.0; Windows XP SP2

    Guest, Jun 17, 2006

    Glen Guest

    Are you absolutly sure you are using the correct drivers, not only correct
    for the web cam but also XP drivers and not 9x drivers? Also make sure you
    follow any install instructions listed for the web cam. Some hardware need a
    setup file to install the driver, it depends on how the driver was written.
    read the readme file that might be included or look on the web site for any
    help on installing the driver in case it has to be installed a particular
    way.
    --
    Please repost if you find the fault

    Glen P
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Glen, Jun 17, 2006

    Hi,

    I installed this webcam before and everything worked fine but it was about a
    year ago. I used it maybe 2 months and then webcam was packed into the box.
    Since that time, Microsoft published many patches and I'm not sure that maybe
    some updates causes that it won't install correctly (I think this is a
    problem).
    I tried to install it on two different machines so it's strange that before
    worked and now it doesn't want to work anywhere.

    Maybe anyone using the same webcam on fully updated OS ?

    Guest, Jun 18, 2006

    neil Guest

    Have you checked for updated drivers
    http://www.manhattan-support.com/helpdocs/460064_winxp_install.shtml

    Neil

    neil, Jun 18, 2006

    Hi,

    yeah i'm trying with drivers available on this page. In fakt on 1st machine
    i forgot about this stupid thing to disconnect device before installing
    drivers but on the 2nd machine I've done everything according to instructions
    from this page. Result is the same - it doesn't work. Farthermore in my case
    message about unverified drivers doesn't appear. I think problem is, the
    drivers are not installed correctly (registry hasn't any entries, keys ...
    anything about this and probably should be).
    I mailed to the manufacturer but answers which I receive are ignorant and
    can't help me in any way.

    Guest, Jun 18, 2006