Windows Vista Web page is unavailable

Reaction score
Hi
Please excuse my ignorance as a total newcomer, but I have a slight problem.
We have a new laptop which is part of my work, and I can get it to connect to our home wireless network but it will not open any web pages on explorer saying web page is unavailable. I suspect the default setting is for the wireless network at work but after that I am lost!

Thanks

Reaction score
Sounds like your DNS is set wrong. If you have your wireless router set up to automatically assign your IP address (DHCP) then make sure your wireless card on your laptop is set to automatically configure. Also make sure that the DNS option is set to automatically configure itself.

To do this go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing > Manage Network Connections (it is on the left hand side of the screen) > Right Click your wireless network card and choose Properties > Scroll Down and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then click Properties > Make sure both IP and DNS options are on automatically assigned and it should work.

If your router is not set up to automatically assign your network settings you will need to set it up accordingly to match your router.

Hope this helps.

Ask a Question