    access anything except my home page? Do internet options
    need to be re-set in some special way. I now keep it off
    & just do a scan when needed.

    wzeig, Jan 15, 2005

  2. wzeig wrote:

    > I like the new product-it picked up things that Ad-Aware
    > & Spybot have missed, but I cannot leave it on. I cannot
    > access anything except my home page? Do internet options
    > need to be re-set in some special way. I now keep it off
    > & just do a scan when needed.

    Do you get an error message when using IE ? Check the HOSTS file by
    going to Tools, Advanced Tools, System Explorers. Click on Windows
    Host File. Are all the sites listed directed to 127.0.0.1 ?

    Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files cache by going to Internet
    Options in the Control Panel, click the Delete Files button, put a check
    in the box next to Delete all offline content, click OK.

    Steve Wechsler (akaMowGreen)
    MVP Windows Server

    Steve Wechsler [MVP], Jan 16, 2005