WD Blue 6TB

Reaction score
So storage seems to be getting bigger & prices are coming down.
And now it's the turn of WD Blue 6TB 64MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6Gb/s 5400rpm - OEM at Novatech for £160.
Novatech Review states:

WD Blue 6TB 64MB Cache Hard Drive SATA 6Gb/s 5400rpm - OEM overview

Storage Capacity Up to 6 TB
Boost your PC storage with WD Blue drives, the brand designed specifically for desktop and all-inone PCs.
The WD Blue family now delivers data storage capacities up to 6 TB.

Improve PC Performance
Pair a larger capacity drive with an SSD to give your desktop a performance and storage boost.
The SSD maximizes speed of data access, while the WD Blue drive stores up to 6 TB of movies, games, files,
applications and more.

Upgrade and Backup with Ease
WD hard drives come with free access to WD Acronis True Image. Backup and restore functions make it easy to
save and retrieve your personal data without the need to reinstall the OS.

Trust in WD
Customers around the world know that WD's reliability is legendary. Every WD Blue drive is designed, tested
and built to last, and each ships with a 2-year limited warranty.

Future-Proof Your Storage
With better technology comes bigger storage needs. Cameras that record ultra-high definition video at 4K
resolution at 30 frames per second require a ton of storage. Handling all that media is a snap with our 6 TB
drive, capable of storing up to 281.25 hours of 4K video.

Additional Features
NoTouch Ramp Load Technology - Safely positions the recording head off the disk surface to protect your data.
IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration. Data LifeGuard
Advanced - algorithms monitor your drive continuously so it stays in optimum health.

So can others find 6TB cheaper??
Or an 8TB HDD!

Link @ http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/...tm_medium=eweekly&utm_campaign=eweekly-060616

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lower speed drives are more suitable for storage (imo) as the lower speed means less stress on the mechanics. I wouldn't rely on a single drive though and a pair of them in a RAID caddy (around £70) would cost £320 plus the caddy plus postage = £400.00

Still 6Tb is a lotta space and that disk price is very good.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Something that often surprises me is that sometimes external disks (i.e. more hardware than just a drive) can be cheaper than a bare drive. I've got no idea why.

For example, this external drive is 5TB for £110 and the internal ones all cost more! I'm sure that if I pulled the case off I'd have the same drive!

Ask a Question