Water Cooling ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've got a Corsair H80i, Its good, its not a kilo hanging off the CPU socket either! :D

The software (Corsair Link) is crap though.

I think most of the AIO's are good, some still prefer high end air though.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Once again ta V_R.

I have a lovely Thermaltake 120 Ultra which is super heavy and I am not sure I have the mountings for a 1150 mobo. I have my case sat on its side so no worries here about it falling off and bringing half the mobo with it.

Does the H80i give you better cooling than air ? an is it as quiet ?

From what I have read the Raijintek Triton AIO seems to preform better than the H80i. Folk have been saying that watercoolers are noisier than air solutions. So any real life input is most welcome.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
this! is water cooling ...
watercooler.jpeg

:)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Does the H80i give you better cooling than air ? an is it as quiet ?

From what I have read the Raijintek Triton AIO seems to preform better than the H80i. Folk have been saying that watercoolers are noisier than air solutions. So any real life input is most welcome.

It does, or did. I'm not 100% on how it compares now tbh. There is probably better out there by now. I've had this current setup for over a year now. I did replace the stock fans for some Corsair AF120's - supposedly better.

Considering its Oc'ed to 4.4 it runs very cool and quiet. Its idling here now at about 29-33c, not honestly sure what it maxes at, its 100% stable so haven't really checked lately. If I fire up a game later I'll let you know.

I would think it would, its a 240 rad for a start. ;)

I don't have the space for a 240 in (or outside) of my case. Though that said, reading around If I did, that one you linked to would be very high on the list, it looks like a bit of a beast! :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It lights up aswell.That site was the cheapest on the net as it includes postage.Never heard of them before but I may take a chance and buy one of the Raijintek's.
It would be cool to couple it with something like this,

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-283-AQ&groupid=962&catid=1523

Then you could have five 120 fans running at lowish speeds=less noise+better cooling. The pump will handle the extra route no problem. :lol:

Ta fer the input.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Raijintek/Triton/6.html

http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/cpu-coolers/raijintek-triton-cpu-cooler-review/

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Darn it I could not help myself. I went and did it. Bought a Raijintek. My excuse is I need to try it out on an old pc first just in case. :cool:

Ask a Question