    them. This problem would have been catastrophoc to any
    non-technical user.

    Regards, Neil

    Neil Goulder, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Neil Goulder

    Keith Guest

    Neil,
    Unfortunately we are non-technical users. I got a call
    this morning that my wife had downloaded the updates when
    the reminder popped up on the screen, rebooted the
    computer, and now we have no monitor so we can not
    resolve anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Keith

    driver
    >and everything was OK.
    >
    >I have searched everywhere on the Microsft Site and

    there

    Keith, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Never ever ever update drivers from WU. ALWAYS get drivers from the hw mfr.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Feb 16, 2004
  4. Neil Goulder

    John Guest

    In article <1131201c3f49c$681e2f30$>,
    says...
    > Neil,
    > Unfortunately we are non-technical users. I got a call
    > this morning that my wife had downloaded the updates when
    > the reminder popped up on the screen, rebooted the
    > computer, and now we have no monitor so we can not
    > resolve anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    > Thanks,
    > Keith

    Re-boot the computer into Safe Mode (press the F8 key during the early
    stages of the boot sequence).

    That loads the plain vanilla vga driver. That will make your machine
    usable enough to load a proper driver.

    John, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Neil Goulder

    techguru100 Guest

    That reminds me of one time when I used Windows Update to
    update my audio drivers, I lost features installed by the
    hardware manufacturer, to get the features back, I had to
    go to device manager to roll back the drivers.

    techguru100, Feb 18, 2004