    the title slide is back!!! how do i remove it permantly??

    Same think happends when i remove the title placeholder on the slide master.

    please help!

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

    Kathy Jacobs Guest

    Cathy,
    Instead of removing the title placeholder, try shrinking it down small and
    then dragging it off the screen. Those entering content into the slides are
    not as likely to use it for content this way. (FYI: If you don't put
    anything in the title placeholder it won't show when you run the
    presentation. ON the other hand, if you don't put anything in the title
    placeholder, the slide won't have a title and will be harder to navigate to
    via hyperlinks, etc.)

    --
    Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
    Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books

    I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
    if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

    Kathy Jacobs, Jul 26, 2005

    Re: want to remove title placeholder from title master in powerpoi

    Hi Kathy: Thanks for answering. When you say "drag if off the screen" do
    you mean totally off? or just to a corner. That's a great work-a-around,
    however, when you delete something off of the master, shouldn't it be gone?
    Cathy

    Guest, Jul 26, 2005

    Kathy Jacobs Guest

    Re: want to remove title placeholder from title master in powerpoi

    I mean you should drag the placeholder off the slide master to the grey area
    around the slide master.

    And, no - deleting the placeholder from the master doesn't mean it should be
    gone. Instead it means you have told PPT to put it wherever it wants, how
    ever it wants. It is much better to put the placeholder somewhere specific,
    because then PPT won't make assumptions for you.:)

    Kathy Jacobs, Jul 26, 2005