    set it up so my drawings are 1/4" to the foot scale. Can anyone help on this?
    --
    DG

    Guest, Jul 9, 2007

    You're going to do this in Excel? Be warned that scaling in Excel gets
    'corrupted' when it is printed out. A better tool for this would be Visio if
    you have it available.

    Basically, in Excel, you'd put rectangle shapes on your worksheet and use
    their properties to set their height/width (and rotation?) while at the same
    time setting up formulas to calculate the square footage. Since I'd assume
    you already have the actual dimensions available, and you're using 1/4" = 1
    foot. To calculate the size of the rectangles, I'd set up a little table
    like this:

    A B C D
    1 Feet Inches Total in.
    Scale
    2 Depth 2 6 =B2+(C2/12) =D2*0.25
    3 Width 6 3 =B3+(C3/12) =D3*0.25

    Column E will give you the dimensions for your drawing element. By putting
    the feet and inches into 2 columns, you don't have to do that part of the
    math in your head.

    Guest, Jul 9, 2007

    Oh, for the square footage - you could put this in F3:
    =D2*D3
    and if you want to convert from the scaled dimensions it would look like this:
    =(E2*4)*(E3*4)

    Guest, Jul 9, 2007