    I deploy the application from inside the IDE it will not stop at a
    breakpoint or allow me to step through the code.

    Any ideas?

    Anthony Davis, Jan 27, 2008

  2. Anthony Davis

    Jayesh Guest

    On Jan 27, 8:41 am, Anthony Davis <> wrote:
    > I have VS2008 and an application developed using CF2.0/C#. I used to
    > be able to set breakpoints in my code and step into the application
    > while under the VS2008 debugger without issue. All of the sudden when
    > I deploy the application from inside the IDE it will not stop at a
    > breakpoint or allow me to step through the code.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Hi,
    The same thing happened to me also before few days.
    I am also having application developed in CF 2.0/C# VS2008.
    I deleted all the dlls manually from the device, deployed application
    and it got working.
    Try this out.
    Have you ever faced the problem of VS 2008 takes a too much time (5 to
    7 min) in building and deploying an application?

    Jayesh, Jan 27, 2008

  3. On Jan 27, 10:50 am, Jayesh <> wrote:
    > On Jan 27, 8:41 am, Anthony Davis <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have VS2008 and an application developed using CF2.0/C#. I used to
    > > be able to set breakpoints in my code and step into the application
    > > while under the VS2008 debugger without issue. All of the sudden when
    > > I deploy the application from inside the IDE it will not stop at a
    > > breakpoint or allow me to step through the code.

    > > Any ideas?

    > Hi,
    > The same thing happened to me also before few days.
    > I am also having application developed in CF 2.0/C# VS2008.
    > I deleted all the dlls manually from the device, deployed application
    > and it got working.
    > Try this out.
    > Have you ever faced the problem of VS 2008 takes a too much time (5 to
    > 7 min) in building and deploying an application?

    I deleted all of the files, and set a breakpoint on Main then re-
    deployed the application in Debug mode and it still didnt stop at the
    breakpoint.
    I did notice that there are not .pdb files being deployed to the
    device even though the debug mode is set to full pdb.

    Anthony Davis, Jan 27, 2008
  4. Anthony Davis

    Jayesh Guest

    On Jan 27, 11:27 am, Anthony Davis <> wrote:
    > On Jan 27, 10:50 am, Jayesh <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Jan 27, 8:41 am, Anthony Davis <> wrote:

    > > > I have VS2008 and an application developed using CF2.0/C#. I used to
    > > > be able to set breakpoints in my code and step into the application
    > > > while under the VS2008 debugger without issue. All of the sudden when
    > > > I deploy the application from inside the IDE it will not stop at a
    > > > breakpoint or allow me to step through the code.

    > > > Any ideas?

    > > Hi,
    > > The same thing happened to me also before few days.
    > > I am also having application developed in CF 2.0/C# VS2008.
    > > I deleted all the dlls manually from the device, deployed application
    > > and it got working.
    > > Try this out.
    > > Have you ever faced the problem of VS 2008 takes a too much time (5 to
    > > 7 min) in building and deploying an application?

    > I deleted all of the files, and set a breakpoint on Main then re-
    > deployed the application in Debug mode and it still didnt stop at the
    > breakpoint.
    > I did notice that there are not .pdb files being deployed to the
    > device even though the debug mode is set to full pdb.

    Hi,
    ..pdb files are not copied to device.
    They stay on deployer machine and keep the reference of breakpoints.
    I am sure you have set the bulid configuration of each your project as
    Debug.
    Can you check deployment log in output window. Shortcut CTRL + W, O.
    Do you find any entires saying "no symbols are loaded".

    Jayesh, Jan 28, 2008
  5. Anthony Davis

    stealthrabbi Guest

    Anthony,

    I had this happen with VS2005 before. It was corrected by
    reinstalling the .NET CF on my host computer. The issue was becuase
    the target device and host computer had mismatched versions of .NET, i
    believe.

    stealthrabbi, Jan 29, 2008