    Hi everyone. Is there a big difference in the efficiency of Vlookup and
    Sumif? I have a sheet with about 12,000 formulae. Currently I am using
    Vlookup. If I switched to Sumif, would it be slower or faster? Thank you!

    Steph, Jul 31, 2006

  2. Steph

    Guest Guest

    Well they are two quite different formulas

    VLOOKUP is for looking up data from a different column when a match is
    found in a vertical list

    SUMIF is for summing values based on a condition

    --
    Kind Regards,
    Will Riley

    Guest, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Steph

    Bob Phillips Guest

    It would be different! VLOOKUP returns a value in a table for an offset from
    a particular value, SUMIF adds a range where the same or an other range
    equals a value, It's apples and pears.

    --
    HTH

    Bob Phillips

    Bob Phillips, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Steph

    Steph Guest

    Right, but if I'm returning a value either way, the Sumif returns the same
    value. It simply adds one record, essentially returning the one and only
    record it finds.

    Steph, Jul 31, 2006
  5. Steph

    Guest Guest

    If it's only one value you are looking to return.. it begs the question why
    you are
    using SUMIF at all
    --
    Kind Regards,