    mode (UAC is enabled).

    Other progs have been installing fine.

    Suggestions on next step? Known issue?

    Guest, Feb 3, 2007

    John Barnes Guest

    See if either of these helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296175

    John Barnes, Feb 3, 2007

    Rick Rogers Guest

    All folders appear as 'read only' as that attribute only applies to files.
    Unchecking it will serve no purpose other than to frustrate the user. What
    is usually the problem is a lack of proper permissions on a folder,
    particularly if the program is not designed for Vista. The end-user will
    need read&execute rights when they may have only read rights.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org