    checked that I'm running the updates as the admin. Renaming the folder did
    not work and I am definitely running my updates as an admin. Any feedback is
    appreciated.

    xRoachx, Sep 12, 2008

  2. xRoachx

    TaurArian Guest

    See if installing the 3.0 client resolves the problem.
    A new version of the Windows Update Agent is available
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

    Another thing you can try is resetting the security settings back to the
    defaults:

    How to reset security settings back to the defaults
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313222

    Otherwise - Start a free Windows Update support incident request:

    TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
    http://taurarian.mvps.org
    ======================================

    TaurArian, Sep 12, 2008

  3. xRoachx

    xRoachx Guest

    TaurArian,

    Thanks for the prompt reply! I will give this a try this evening and post
    back the results.

    xRoachx, Sep 12, 2008
  4. xRoachx

    xRoachx Guest

    The 1st item below threw an unrecoverable critical error when trying to
    install. I've found this issue in other forums for people also trying to
    install the file. The 2nd item didn't work either so I guess I'm left with
    option 3.

    It's frustrating because I cannot find a solution to the problem. I have 2
    other PCs running Vista and on both, the updates work just fine.

    Thanks for the assistance.

    xRoachx, Sep 13, 2008