    How can I setup my PC so I can access it from outside the home?
    I only have the one admin account and do not have it setup with a password.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    J, Jul 7, 2009

  2. On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:39:01 -0700, J <>
    wrote:

    >I have a home PC with Vista Ultimate and connects to the internet through a
    >router.
    >My internet provider is Cox, so my IP is not static.
    >How can I setup my PC so I can access it from outside the home?
    >I only have the one admin account and do not have it setup with a password.
    >
    >Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Sign up with a dynamic DNS service. It will give your computer a DNS
    name that stays the same, even when the dynamic IP address changes.
    I've used http://www.dyndns.com , and you can find more by doing a web
    search for "dynamic dns".

    Create a password for your admin account.

    You might have to enable port forwarding in your router. as described
    in the "Configure Your Router" section of this article:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.mspx
    --
    Best Wishes,
    Steve Winograd, MS-MVP (Windows Desktop Experience)

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    Steve Winograd [MS-MVP], Jul 9, 2009

  3. J

    rak Guest

    You might also want to look at Windows Live Mesh.

    rak, Jul 9, 2009