Vista Ultimate English to Vista Ultimate German OEM?

Hi there,

at the moment I am running Windows Vista Ultimate English. I wanted to know,
that, if I buy the Vista Ultimate German OEM version, could I just change the
product key and continue using the already installed Windows Vista?

The best thing would be, if there would be a possibilty of adding a new
system language (which should be included in Vista German OEM version
right?). Because then I wouldn't need to setup alle the other programs again.

Any ideas? Hopefully you understand what I want.

Greetings,
Muty.

Robert Firth

I believe you need the language packs, which haven't been released yet.

--
/* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Robert Firth *

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Muty,
No you cannot just change the product key for a couple of reasons.
1) the media type is different., you would be going from Retail\MSDN to
OEM media which is not allowed as I understand it.
2) you are changing languages, which means even if the product key was
accepted, the underlying Language would not change from English to German.
Language packs may help with the appearance of German, but not everything
would be German. This could be confusing when installing our language
specific applications later on.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]