Windows Vista Vista tweaking app advice

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I just wanted to ask for your expert opinion on this particular "tweaker" if you wouldn't mind looking please? It was originally recommended in an independent Tips and Tweaks newsletter.

I realize that most of the "tweaks" could be accessed without need of an application, providing you know where to look... but presumably, the application just tends to put them all into one, easily accessible place(?)

So, would you consider the app to be a useful resource, or does it have the potential to cause big problems? (I guess most things could, if they're used carelessly, but hopefully, you know what I mean.)

Thanks in advance for your opinions guys :wave:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
or does it have the potential to cause big problems?
happywave.gif

In my honest opinion, leave Vista the way MS designed it..Tweaking could just lead to making it worse than it is..What exactly are you wanting to tweak though..? Maybe me or somebody else could be of help in this..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, to be honest, my system is running okay (knocking wood). More than anything I felt curious about the application itself. At one time Sisoft Sandra used to be recommended quite a lot and I remember downloading it onto an XP laptop, but then finding that I'd already found my way into some of the tweaks without it. Those I hadn't found my way into, I didn't know enough about to tweak anyway, so didn't "go there." Lol So when I saw that the "new" tweaker was aimed at Vista, I just wondered whether I was missing anything useful ...

Oh dear, you know what they say about curiosity killing the cat... well I suppose I just had an attack of that... but didn't want to risk killing my Pc ;)

Ask a Question