Windows Vista Vista Shutting down issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently reinstalled Vista Home Premium on my personal laptop and it looks great. However sometimes when I try to shut it down, it gets stuck at "Shutting down" sign and stays there for ever. I then have to hold my power down down to force shut it.

this does not happen everytime but sometimes.

Any solution?

Reaction score
Sound like some files are missed up in Vista I have Vista Home Premium and I dont have this problem are you using service pack 1?

Reaction score
I think that the best thing to do make sure you back up all the data frist. You could try maybe doing a Repair install of Vista to see if that corrects the problem.

wizkid

Reaction score
yea did a repair install of Vista and that seemed to have fixed the issue for now atleast. I have tried shutting down few times and had done it with ease.

Hope it stays that way.

Ian: It was getting stuck at the note "Windows is shutting down"

Reaction score
Areeb said:
yea did a repair install of Vista and that seemed to have fixed the issue for now atleast. I have tried shutting down few times and had done it with ease.

Hope it stays that way.

Ian: It was getting stuck at the note "Windows is shutting down"

happy to know that it was fixed.

Ask a Question