    Chri

    --
    GodZilla

    GodZilla, Oct 20, 2008

  2. Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2
    (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update
    or on Windows Update
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

    The repeated reoffering of KB936181 is related to the installed printer
    software not allowing a file to be replaced.

    First, uninstall KB936181 from Installed Updates, then rename msxml4.dll
    from an Elevated Command Prompt in Safe Mode as the printer's software
    will not be loading in that mode.
    Restart the system to normal Windows mode.
    Download the update from here and *save* it. DO NOT attempt to reinstall
    the automatically downloaded Version of it:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=021e12f5-cb46-43df-a2b8-185639ba2807

    Close all open programs and browsers.
    Now install msxml4-KB936181-enu.exe by *right* clicking it and choose
    'Run as administrator'. Follow the prompts to allow it to run.
    Reboot.

    See the 'More information about this security update' section here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181

    MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
    *-343-* FDNY
    Never Forgotten