Windows Vista Vista Control panal hung up on uninstalling a program.

Reaction score
Trying for two days to uninstall Adobe Flash so I can reinstall it, When I click to uninstall the program in Control Panal's Program Management, at first it acts normal, with the exception that no progress bar comes up and the next program I try to uninstall gives me a message saying "please wait while another program is uninstalled".This began two days ago and I have rebooted my sytem, used system restore, done all I know to do but that program uninstall has been in progress for two days straight now! HELP Please.

I even downloaded Adobe's uninstaller and it uninstalls Flash player but not the other Adobe components. So I am assuming this is one of the other components that refuses to get the hay out of my PC and has hijacked my Control Panal's remove repair programs feature.

Also...let me just say. VISTA BITES. I have 128 "problems" on my gateway that Vista's problem reporting and solution "Has found no solution to". I have multiple multiple freezes in programs and Internet Explorer.

Now...seems to me the FAIR thing for Bill Gates and Microsoft to do is offer EVERYONE with a LEGAL registered copy of VISTA to get a FREE upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out since it's fairly unanimous that Vista is even worse than ME was and you can't buy a new machine with operating system loaded that is not Vista. Instead, their repsonse is to contact the various program's support and have them provide a solution to make their program compatible with VISTA. I believe it shoudl be the other way around since they were here BEFORE vista -MS should be making sure their OS is compatible with the current versions of IE FIrefox, HP hardware, etc etc etc. Guess Bill is too busy counting his millions to look after the small guy.

Ok sorry, just venting on that but i really do need help with the Flash player components to uninstall.

I am trying to be able to view pictures of my son in law in Basic Training. I had no problems doing this for two weeks then suddently I can't pull up ANY of the photos on the website. I just get a blank Internet Explorer page with a black picture viewing frame border.

I used Vista's problem reporting and soluton and it reported that the problem was created by the Flash Player.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try removing Adobe flash by restarting into safe mode then use add or remove programs to remove Adobe Flash player

Reboot into SAFE MODE
1/Click Start and then click Turn Off Computer.
2/In the Turn Off Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
3/As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
4/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
5/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

Ask a Question