Vista Codecs

Article Vista Codecs

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Vista Codecs - Vista Codecs

Introduction

As many users of Windows Vista have found out, videos downloaded from the internet will not always play. This is often due to the lack of appropriate codec, which decodes the data in to something that you can watch in a media player.

There are hundreds of codecs available, often presented in codec packs to download. Not all of these are stable or present the best possible playback options. This article will show you the best codec packs available for Windows Vista, as...

Read more about this article...

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
A good read Ian and well worth a download...VLC is superb as is k-lite Codec pack..

Nice...:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you like it :thumb: Was talking to someone about codec packs, so I did a quick article :)

I've got some more time on my hands now, so review should be flowing again soon :nod:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I dont use vista, yet, but i do love VLC and FFDshow. :)

Reaction score
K-Lite codec, versuses ...

Okay, I had written a response earlier, to ask my question, but I am unfortuanely incurable chatterbox, so I'm glad I had to start over... Keep It Sweet and Simple...or Keep is Simple Stupid.
But are you saying that even by having Windows Vista 64bit system. instead I could've just download.,LKI8UYTR that Codec pack and would've been straight on to video viewing?
The Asshole who came and fixed my computer said he had to reinstall factory fresh Vista but in 32bit browser. He said he also did some stuff to save my personal files but I think he knew I was irritated with him because an entire chunk of my work stuff wasn't on there. LUCKILY I've learned from the past and have a separate flash usb take it or I just buy online storage...

BUT- My main thing is I want to Sooooo totally razz this guy since he tried to tell me I was wrong in my chosen field of study Psychology...went all the way to Dr. and spend so much of my time online reading and researching, and updating.... HE CORRECTED ME(yea just a fake little sigh of sadness, that morphs into a cough to cover the funny thing you said about me

ALright Sorry Sorry, I just wanted to say that this website has made to my favorites folder as a repeated visitor to the site
Oh....and sorry for the large fonts, I could hardly read the other scriptl it was tiny!

Last edited:
Reaction score
whiterabbit79 said:
Okay, I had written a response earlier, to ask my question, but I am unfortuanely incurable chatterbox, so I'm glad I had to start over... Keep It Sweet and Simple...or Keep is Simple Stupid.
But are you saying that even by having Windows Vista 64bit system. instead I could've just download.,LKI8UYTR that Codec pack and would've been straight on to video viewing?
The Asshole who came and fixed my computer said he had to reinstall factory fresh Vista but in 32bit browser. He said he also did some stuff to save my personal files but I think he knew I was irritated with him because an entire chunk of my work stuff wasn't on there. LUCKILY I've learned from the past and have a separate flash usb take it or I just buy online storage...

BUT- My main thing is I want to Sooooo totally razz this guy since he tried to tell me I was wrong in my chosen field of study Psychology...went all the way to Dr. and spend so much of my time online reading and researching, and updating.... HE CORRECTED ME(yea just a fake little sigh of sadness, that morphs into a cough to cover the funny thing you said about me

ALright Sorry Sorry, I just wanted to say that this website has made to my favorites folder as a repeated visitor to the site
Oh....and sorry for the large fonts, I could hardly read the other scriptl it was tiny!

edit: Comment removed MadX - see Tony's comment below.

Ask a Question