    mechanism to manage visitors to the works / premises? Something that should
    take care of notifying say the security gate and printing out the visitor's
    pass...

    Sriram N A \(MICO/PJ-SAP-PP\) *, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Does it really have to be Outlook-based? Don't need Outlook if all you
    aer doing is using it to send email. Plenty of apps not based on
    outlook like that out there, based on how many I know see at receptions
    of companies I visit. It's probably better *not* to rely upon Outlook.

    rms

    Rob Schneider, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Sriram N A \(MICO/PJ-SAP-PP\) *

    Sriram Guest

    Well, the reception / security gate could get most of the necessary
    information if they are cc.ed the appointment from Outlook, which already
    has most of the necessary information. All it should take is some printing
    functionality to make it usable.

    Sriram, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Hello Sriram, do you need photo support for the badge creation?

    We are currently completing development with alpha testing scheduled early
    September for WS:Reception for Outlook Addin that performs the following.

    WS:Reception Invite Creation
    o The host creates a WS:Reception Invite from a new option in the Outlook
    application
    o When WS:Reception invite is created, this can be addressed as per normal
    Outlook item with default recipients (assumed reception and/or security) set
    through a configuration option on the Tools/Options menu WS:Reception tab
    dialogue.
    o The WS:Reception invite contains details on each recipient. This can be
    taken from the hosts invitation or selected from a contacts list. If a
    contact does not exist or is incomplete then an Outlook Contact is
    created/updated and the Host is requested to enter Name and Company details
    if not present.

    Reception printing
    o When visitor arrives, receptionist accesses the WS:Reception Invite,
    selects the visitors entry and a visitor label is printed with the following
    details.
    o Visitors' Name
    o Visitors' Company
    o Host Name
    o Arrival Date
    o Arrival Time

    When the Visitor leaves, the receptionist may select the contacts details
    and mark the visitor as leaving.

    Reporting:
    In addition to printing the visitor's label, release 1 will include the
    option to print report showing users still present in the building to aid
    evacuation procedures. This will contain the visitor name, host, location
    and time arrived.

    Planned functionality for version 1.1 scheduled for end calendar year,
    includes functionality to design visitor label, digicam support to include
    visitors picture on label.

    Costs have yet to be finalised but will be similar to the costs of our
    existing WS:Addins that can be found at www.Websetters.co.uk.

    Please advise if you would like to be kept informed of development and if
    interested in participating in our beta roll-out for this product.

    Any questions then please contact us through our website or through this
    forum. Would also be interested in any comments on the functionality that
    may allow us to consider your needs during the final development phase.

    Regards
    Graeme
    Websetters - home of the WS:Outlook AddIn
    the only limits are those of vision...
    www.websetters.co.uk

    msnews.microsoft.com, Aug 6, 2004