    --
    Margy
    KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

    Margy, Jan 18, 2009

  2. Margy wrote:
    > Windows XP Desktop PC with 1 gig DDR2 RAM and plenty of hard drive
    > space.
    >
    > After upgrading the computer to 1 gig RAM the Virtual Memory
    > Minimum Too Low message still comes up continutally.
    >
    > Please can anyone advise me on how to sort this out.

    - Windows XP what? (Version and Service Pack level at least, please.)
    (Start button --> RUN --> winver --> OK)

    - What Antivirus application?

    - What does Task Manager show in terms of processes?

    SuperAntiSpyware
    http://www.superantispyware.com/

    MalwareBytes
    http://www.malwarebytes.com/

    if you wish.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Jan 18, 2009

  3. Margy

    Margy Guest

    Thanks for Advice.
    They are using Bitware Antivirus. I think that is the name of it - I can
    confirm tomorrow.
    Have not looked at Task Manager processes. I will do that.
    --
    Margy

    Margy, Jan 18, 2009
  4. Margy

    Jim Guest

    "Margy" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP Desktop PC with 1 gig DDR2 RAM and plenty of hard drive space.
    >
    > After upgrading the computer to 1 gig RAM the Virtual Memory Minimum Too
    > Low
    > message still comes up continutally.
    >
    > Please can anyone advise me on how to sort this out.
    > --
    > Margy
    > KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

    Taken at face value, the message means that the minimum size of the pagefile
    which you specified when you setup XP is too small. It is hard for me to
    see how this condition could be serious unless the minimum size = maximum
    size and both are too small.
    You should change the pagefile setting to "System Managed".
    Jim

    Jim, Jan 18, 2009
  5. Margy

    Margy Guest

    Thank you so much Jim. I so appreciate the advice of this wonderful knowledge
    base. Looking forward to trying out all the wonderful advice when I next call
    on that person.
    --
    Margy

    Margy, Jan 18, 2009