VINYL is BACK

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/11/14/breaking_fad_vinyl_and_turntables/?page=1

Breaking Fad Vinyl has been the music format that wouldn’t die for the best part of three decades. Not since Kenneth Williams quipped “Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!” has a death scene seemed so protracted. Now, however, it seems the format is officially in remission.
With renewed interest in pure stereo, stoked ironically by hi-res audio file formats, sales are soaring and manufacturers have been quick to capitalise with a new generation of digital friendly 12-inch disc spinners, aimed at the green fields between audiophile and nostalgia buff.
The latest vinyl sales figures, released by the British Phonographic Industry, make for fascinating reading. This year, UK album sales are on course to top the million mark for the first time since the heyday of Oasis and Blur.

Someone might find this interesting :lol:

Reaction score
Been doing good sales for a while.:thumb:
FBS is a fan of vinyl i think and has bought some good music.
A good source are charity shops for a good bargin.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
it'll never catch on ... imagine carrying it all around to annoy people in the street with ... naw, a dead duck!

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I still have a number of vinyl LPs and even some 60s singles but nothing on which to play them. :blush: