    But, when I cut and past the same image, it all looks ok? What would this
    be?

    Carl

    NewsReader, Dec 17, 2007

  2. NewsReader

    Elmo Guest

    NewsReader wrote:
    > When I view a folder in Windows Explorer, I don't see the 'type' column
    > correctly, instead I see gibberish.
    >
    > But, when I cut and paste the same image, it all looks ok. What would this
    > be?

    Perhaps a problem with your graphics card.. Run DXDiag and see if it
    complains of uncertified drivers; try lowering graphics hardware
    acceleration, etc.. Also look at the computer manufacturer site and the
    graphics card manufacturer site for different drivers.

    See if there's a BIOS upgrade for your system. Look at the
    manufacturer's site, Compaq, PB, etc., and also at the motherboard
    manufacturer's site.

    A simpler test: Try lowering graphics hardware acceleration slide. You
    can lower graphics hardware acceleration in Display Properties, Settings
    tab, Advanced button, Troubleshooting tab. If this helps, you probably
    need a different graphics card or drivers.

    --
    Joe =o)

    Elmo, Dec 17, 2007