VIA KT400 - is it really worth it?

Reaction score
Hello there,

Does anyone have a definite release date for any motherboard using VIA's next chipset KT400? I'm thinking of building a new system but is it really worth waiting for VIA's KT400??

Apparently it'll be the last chipset for the AMD 0.13 micron technology (Athlons) and then AMD will be bringing out their new range of hot-rods. Which, will leave everyone buying these new motherboads unable to buy the new breed!

Technology moves too gradually in the retail market, i think, manufactures should stage their products, instead of bringing out AMD XP 1600+ then 1700+ etc. They should bring it out in larger steps... But, of course, they want to make as much money as possible. It puts us, the customers, in a frustrating position of always upgrading.

Sorry to share my random thoughts, i would like to know what other people think though...

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Well kinda but not really ,the new nvidia N-force board is suppose to support a 400 FSB, but I am not sure about the chipset ,but it is due out the 15 (Monday),and usually they arent to far ahead of everyone else.

wildone

Reaction score
well, i dont think it's smart to jump on the bandwagon with these new chipsets. remember the KT133? the KT266?

best to wait till theres many MoBo makers employing it and test results come out reflecting real-world performance.

Ask a Question