Very high memory usage during games

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I was playing crysis earlier for around an hour when all of a sudden the frame rates dropped to an unplayable level, the game was running at like 0.2fps seriously! I didn't even know if i was controlling it any more. I checked all me temperatures and made sure nothing was running in the process manager and everything seemed ok, then i looked at memory usage and it was around 90% which is pretty darn high really. So i restarted the game and it was exactly the same, so then i restarted the computer then started the game back up and it was still stuttering like mad with very high memory usage. So i googled it and found this forum thread ( http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?p=17964840 ) , so i downloaded the hot fix that was recommended and hey presto no problem since. Its a strange one as it seems like a very old problem that Microsoft would of sorted in an update by now.

But just posting so if anyone else has the same problem and googles it they will find another person out there helping ^^

Ask a Question