Vehicle Cameras?

Reaction score
Considering having an on board video camera in my car.
Friend had a shunt recently and their insurance company has suggested that using them can be very helpful when having an accident as you can see more clearly the cause?

Would be looking at front & back cameras to cover it.

Anyone used one or know of a good model/make to go for??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'The footage shows quite clearly that, due to my foot slipping from the brake pedal, I rear-ended a vehicle in front of me driven by a rather large fellow. The jurors can see quite clearly the driver of the vehicle I was in collision with leave his vehicle, walk to my vehicle, open my door and punch me full in the face, rendering me unconscious for a full six minutes.

'Why are you all laughing? M'Lud, I beg you to intervene...'

Reaction score
It can also work against you aswell

Instead of it going 50/50 or all in your favour you may well get full blame

Use your mobile phone on a bracket. If it happens and you know it ain't your fault use the footage then
If it is your fault you are legally obliged to give the insurance company the footage if they know you have a camera

CSB

Reaction score
I sometimes use my phone in a bracket. All good having a laugh asking do we live in Russia, but the roads are becoming more like they are elsewhere in Europe. Only a few years ago my Fiancee was driving and we were rear ended just before entering a roundabout by someone from Poland. He admitted he didn't have any insurance but he gladly paid for the damage/repairs which I was surprised at because he didn't exactly look flush.

I've had a couple of major incidents in my car over the last year whereby they could have hit me as they either pulled out without looking or deliberately pull out late forcing you to put on the brakes hard.

I might be interested in one of these. If I caused an accident then fair enough, but the footage would sure be handy to have if the other driver tries using your word against theres.

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Ask a Question