vba to crop a picture

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access VBA Modules' started by Southern at Heart, Mar 27, 2010.

  1. Is it possible to crop 44 pixels off the bottom of the .gif image MyPicture
    located at the location MyLocation, and resave it as MyPicture?

    Southern at Heart, Mar 27, 2010

  2. On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:16:04 -0700, Southern at Heart
    <> wrote:

    Not without a graphic library. Such third-party tool would have a help
    file documenting how to do this.

    -Tom.
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Tom van Stiphout, Mar 27, 2010

  3. ....I can do it manually with Microsoft Picture Manager. Is there a way to
    call that program in vba?

    Southern at Heart, Mar 27, 2010
  4. On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:35:01 -0700, Southern at Heart
    <> wrote:

    Not that I know of. Many programs don't expose an Automation
    interface.

    -Tom.
    Microsoft Access MVP

    Tom van Stiphout, Mar 27, 2010
  5. Southern at Heart

    Jack Leach Guest

    http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

    I've never used it (have peeked, looks cool and quite useful), but I see
    this recommended often. You can programmatically edit pictures in VBA by
    shelling out commands. There's tons of help and discussion scattered across
    google for various topics (while searching for the site Resize was the second
    popdown in the list).

    hth

    --
    Jack Leach
    www.tristatemachine.com

    "I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
    -Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

    Jack Leach, Mar 27, 2010
  6. Southern at Heart

    Celad