Util to allow access to shared calendar

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Third-Party Utilities' started by David Veale, Mar 24, 2004.

  1. David Veale

    David Veale Guest

    At my last job we used Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002 to set up shared
    calendars for the company using a simple shared calendar sample app that we
    found somewhere on the MS website (that I can't find anymore).

    One of the issues with the shared calendar was that Outlook displayed a
    security warning when someone tried to access someone elses calendar. The
    user needed to dismiss the warning message box which said something about
    allowing the other user access and it set a time limit for how long to allow
    access (up to 10 minutes I think was the maximum).

    To get around the warning and suppress the message box we downloaded a
    little utility from somewhere that would automatically answer "yes" (allow
    access) whenever that message box appeared. It was a little EXE that ran
    down in the system tray and worked great. I need to find that utility again
    but I don't remember where I found it or what it was called. Does anybody
    know what I'm talking about and where to find it?

    Thanks!

    David

    David Veale, Mar 24, 2004

  2. You're thinking of Express ClickYes. There's a link for it at
    http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec . Note that using it
    makes you vulnerable to a virus harvesting your address book.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
    Author of

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Mar 24, 2004