Using signatures with Word as default mail editor?

G

I know this is a pretty easy one, so hopefully someone can help me. :)

A number of people have said they don't have access to their signatures when
Word is selected as their default Email editor. When it's turned off,
suddenly the signatures are available in a message, but why is it that you
can't have Word as your default mail editor, and have the ability to use
signatures, at the same time?

Is there something really silly I'm missing here? Any help you can offer
would be appreciated - thanks!

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

If you are using Word as your email editor (aka WordMail), you will not have an Insert | Signature command like the regular Outlook editor. If you want to be able to insert a signature into a WordMail message manually, you can create an AutoText entry for each signature. You can then insert them with the Insert | AutoText command.

Or, create multiple signatures the normal way (Tools | Options | Mail Format) and make one the default. If you want to use a different signature for the current message, right-click the signature that Outlook inserted automatically. From the pop-up menu, select either the name of the signature you want to use or E-mail Signature to create a new one. I personally prefer this technique. This is also the technique you need to use if you want Outlook 2003 to automatically change your signature when you switch accounts on an unsent message.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ask a Question