using local machine resources over TS

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Terminal Server Clients' started by Guest, Sep 2, 2005.

    Hi All,

    My application which is a desktop exe is being used over Terminal services.

    The development environment of the application is

    .NET 1.1 framework
    VB.NET
    using Not touch Deployment.
    sql server 2000 database
    server OS : windows 2003 server
    Client machines: windows 2000\ XP

    All features of the application work successfully over TS except for Email.
    All users have OUTLOOK installed on there local machine. When the application
    was being run straight from the desktop( and not over TS),the user clicks on
    the email button and the application generates a crsytal report behind the
    screens, saves it as a file, then creates an outlook object in context with
    OUTLOOK running on there machinens, appends the file as an attachments and
    opens it in a NEW EMAIL window which seems totally integrated with outlook to
    the user. All the user has to do is enter a TO email address ( which they
    select from there Contact in outlook) and hit on send and the attached file
    is send out in email.

    I want to have this same behavior of the application when i am running over
    TS. Is there any way that when the user clicks on EMAIL in the application
    over TS i can still invoke a NEW MAIL WINDOW in context with OUTLOOK running
    on the client machine ( just like how i mentioend above). With my experience
    working with TS i know this is not possible, but i am thinking of any new
    plug-ins that might be out there that i am not aware of which might do the
    job or if you have any other suggestions please let me know.

    thanks

    Guest, Sep 2, 2005

    I am looking for the same functionality. Clients connect to our server and
    would like to use their own Outlook express ( remote client machine ) to send
    e-mails.
    Please, let me know if you found any usefull information.

    Thanks, Sergio

    Guest, Sep 7, 2005

    kavitha

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi, I m also with the same issue.
    If u met with a solution, plz let me know that.

    Thanks in advance.

    kavitha, Sep 13, 2005