    Your Help would be appreciated

    Regards

    Elton

    Guest, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Have you tried creating and distributing a .prf file that adds the Outlook Address Book? (I'm not sure how the email account restriction policy affects .prf file processing -- if you try it, let us know.) Was the OAB missing from your original deployment?

    Also note that there are separate group policy settings for restricting the user from adding different types of mail accounts. If you use these, then they can still manage their own address book settings.

    --
    Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

    Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook], Sep 16, 2005

    Re: Using Group Policy to add the Outlook Address Book directory s

    Thanks Sue,

    I decided not to try the prf option - however it could be a good idea for
    the future.

    Instead I modified the group policy by disabling the following;
    User Configuration
    Administrative templates
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (outlk.adm)
    Miscellaneous
    Prevent Users Making changes to profiles

    And leaving the other policy enabled;
    User Configuration
    Administrative templates
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (outlk.adm)
    Miscellaneous
    Prevent Users from adding email account types

    Thanks for the tip.

    Guest, Sep 16, 2005