    a better user interface.

    --
    -- Marten Kemp

    Marten Kemp, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Marten Kemp

    Fran Guest

    You could probably set Girder to do it, but you should search the net for
    the last freeware version. If you find it, could you send me a link as well?
    :)

    Fran, Apr 29, 2005

  3. Marten Kemp

    Marten Kemp Guest

    Fran wrote:
    > You could probably set Girder to do it, but you should search the net for
    > the last freeware version. If you find it, could you send me a link as well?
    > :)
    >
    > "Marten Kemp" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I there any freeware that can use a computer's IR
    >>port, most likely on a laptop, to replace the remote
    >>control for a TV, VCR, or other equipment?
    >>
    >>Or possibly pointers to the information I'd need
    >>to write something like this myself.
    >>
    >>What I'd really like is a universal remote with
    >>a better user interface.

    I did find this:
    http://www.lirc.org/

    What is LIRC ?

    LIRC is a package that allows you to decode and send infra-red signals
    of many (but not all) commonly used remote controls.

    --
    -- Marten Kemp
    (Fix name and ISP to reply)

    Marten Kemp, Apr 29, 2005