    the record can happen - IE the Control file Table will only ever have a
    single record in it (with multiple fields).

    Thanks

    Isis, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Set the form's AllowAdditions and AllowDeletions properties to False.

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele

    Douglas J. Steele, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Isis

    Dirk Goldgar Guest

    "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
    message news:OB7qM$
    > Set the form's AllowAdditions and AllowDeletions properties to False.
    >
    > "Isis" <> wrote in message
    >> I want to use a single record 'Control' file Table - if I create a
    >> form to update the table how do I ensure that only 'edits' - no
    >> adding or deleting the record can happen - IE the Control file Table
    >> will only ever have a single record in it (with multiple fields).

    I also like to give the table a primary key with a validation rule that
    the key field must have the value 0. That way, there's no way a second
    record could ever be added.

    --
    Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    www.datagnostics.com

    (please reply to the newsgroup)

    Dirk Goldgar, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Isis

    Isis Guest

    "Dirk Goldgar" <> wrote in news:O3uB1ftVGHA.4740
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_canada.com> wrote in
    > message news:OB7qM$
    >> Set the form's AllowAdditions and AllowDeletions properties to False.
    >>
    >> "Isis" <> wrote in message
    >>> I want to use a single record 'Control' file Table - if I create a
    >>> form to update the table how do I ensure that only 'edits' - no
    >>> adding or deleting the record can happen - IE the Control file Table
    >>> will only ever have a single record in it (with multiple fields).

    > I also like to give the table a primary key with a validation rule that
    > the key field must have the value 0. That way, there's no way a second
    > record could ever be added.

    Thanks to both of you.

    Regards

    Isis, Apr 3, 2006