Using a Digital Camera with Win2000 (xfer photos?)

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000' started by +Bob+, Jul 2, 2009.

  1. +Bob+

    +Bob+ Guest

    A friend of mine has a Kodak digital camera. He'd like to move the
    photos from his camera to his hard drive. System is an older desktop
    with win2k.

    It has Easy-share software that comes with it to transfer photos to
    the hard drive of a PC. Unfortunately the software only runs on XP or
    higher and Kodak has no older versions available. Of course, if this
    was XP, I could just access the camera memory chip as a hard drive and
    I would not even need the software.

    Is there any way to get win2K to act more like xp in this regard and
    recognize the chip as a drive? Some optional software/driver or hack
    someone has devised? I'd like to avoid having to upgrade the guy, he's
    very old, fixed income, he doesn't need to be spending money on XP or
    on a hardware card reader.

    Thanks for any ideas,

    +Bob+, Jul 2, 2009

  2. +Bob+

    Dave Patrick Guest

    Take a look in Disk Management. If the camera flash emulates a drive it
    should work. It may be trying to acquire a drive letter already in use in
    which case you can reassign it to make it appear in Windows Explorer.

    --

    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Jul 2, 2009

  3. +Bob+

    Roger Fink Guest

    It sounds like you should be able to do this in Picasa, according to this
    section in their online help file:
    http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=16211
    I believe the version I have is the last compatible version for Windows
    2000: 2.7, Build 37.63. It can be downloaded from here:
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_picasa/

    Roger Fink, Jul 2, 2009
  4. +Bob+

    JM Guest