    panel/users & passwords, it will allow you to create a user with no password
    at all. What am I missing here? I can remove the applet so no one can do this
    but I can't imagine this is a default behaviour. What I am missing?

    Guest, Dec 15, 2005

  2. The user may not be allowed to log on, or they may be prompted to change their password when they first attempt to logon. The Users applet doesn't even offer a chance to set a password, that's done as a later "change".

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    Doug Knox MS-MVP, Dec 15, 2005
  3. As Doug said they will be forced to change their password at logon and then
    they will have to select a password that complies with password policy. By
    default in XP Pro you can not use a blank password to access a computer
    share so that risk does not exist when the user account is created with no
    password. -- Steve

    Steven L Umbach, Dec 20, 2005