    I hate to bash on Microsoft but I think Userid/Password maintenance should
    be pretty basic.

    Anyone's useful comments/resolutions would be welcome.

    Just Plain Rick, Jun 18, 2008

  2. I assure you this is not a Microsoft issue, since millions of us
    don't have this password problem.

    One possibility is that your antivirus corrupted the account.
    Delete that account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the
    account.

    If no improvement, do a trial uninstall of Kaspersky. Disabling
    the email integration in the antivirus is seldom sufficient.
    You may have to repeat the account delete/recreate step.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, Jun 18, 2008

  3. Just Plain Rick

    Guest Guest

    > Vista Home Premium sp1, Kaspersky Internet Security
    >
    > This is the second time this has happened. Every time I start windows
    > mail it asks for my userid/password. Yes I have the remember password box
    > checked. When I look at my account there is no password displayed. I
    > type in the password click 'apply' and close the window. No good. It
    > still asks each time I start Mail and each time I check the Account
    > setting the password is empty. I have read other msgs about this
    > referring to Caps and numerics. This isn't the problem. Mail will no
    > longer remember my password. I have tried turning off all virus/security
    > settings regarding Mail.
    >
    > I hate to bash on Microsoft but I think Userid/Password maintenance should
    > be pretty basic.
    >
    > Anyone's useful comments/resolutions would be welcome.

    Are you leaving the checkmark before Remember password alone when
    you enter the password?

    Guest, Jun 18, 2008
  4. I tried every combination of things I could think of except remove Kasperky.
    I have removed the account and set it back up. I have turned off everything
    that had to do with e-mail.

    I remembered something from the first time this happened about the delete
    key.

    Someone had sent a reply about using the delete key to delete the password
    and then re-entering it. With the cursor in the Password box I hit the
    delete key a bunch of times and then the backspace key a bunch of times then
    entered the password. I now works fine.

    thanks for the responses. Also when I remove the checkmark in the remember
    box the password area turns into a labelbox and nothing can be entered. I
    have to have the remember box checked to be able to enter a password.

    Just Plain Rick, Jun 19, 2008