    Path Found: driver: uphcleanhlp
    Threat Classification: Unknown
    Detection Type:

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006

  2. I think I have that on some machines--I'll check the event logs--good catch.

    If you get the chance--could you post this in the .signatures, group, too?

    Thats where false positive reports should go--and this is of that ilk.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 16, 2006

    Actually, this is mostly by design, though that event should communicate more
    clearly. It's very interesting that you didn't see the UI tell you about
    this - the event means that the UI got notified of the change. Hmmm. It's
    possible it came through when shutting down, can you tell from the log?

    But this isn't really a false positive - this driver is unknown to us, and
    the UI submitted it to spynet for analysis.

    Thanks for trying Windows Defender,
    Joe

    Guest, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Thanks--If I find such messages in log files on my servers, I'll reply to
    this thread. I haven't seen any notifications from the UI.

    --

    "Joe Faulhaber [MSFT]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 16, 2006