    Gdisk shows #2 with 994cyls, 32hds, (no)status

    How can I make #1 & #2 duplicates??

    I have wiped, reformatted, and have tried Ghost Clone to no avail....

    Willard, Jul 5, 2010

  2. Willard

    Willard Guest

    Willard wrote:
    > I have 2 SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire disks, each 1gb FAT format to use with
    > DOS programs..
    > Gdisk shows #1 with 124cyls, 255hds, (A)status..
    > Gdisk shows #2 with 994cyls, 32hds, (no)status
    >
    > How can I make #1 & #2 duplicates??
    >
    > I have wiped, reformatted, and have tried Ghost Clone to no avail....

    Perhaps I forgot to mention the most important thing that Gdisk shows::

    Gdisk shows #1 as 972.7mb and #2 as 978.3mb....

    Willard, Jul 5, 2010

  3. Willard

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: Willard <>
    wrote:

    > Willard wrote:
    >> I have 2 SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire disks, each 1gb FAT format to use
    >> with DOS programs..
    >> Gdisk shows #1 with 124cyls, 255hds, (A)status..
    >> Gdisk shows #2 with 994cyls, 32hds, (no)status
    >>
    >> How can I make #1 & #2 duplicates??
    >>
    >> I have wiped, reformatted, and have tried Ghost Clone to no avail....
    >>

    > Perhaps I forgot to mention the most important thing that Gdisk
    > shows::
    >
    > Gdisk shows #1 as 972.7mb and #2 as 978.3mb....

    Perhaps they're not really identical. Just because they have the same
    external label, there's no reason to think that their internal structure
    must be the same.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN

    Bert Hyman, Jul 5, 2010
  4. Willard

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jul 5, 10:08 pm, Willard <> wrote:
    > Willard wrote:
    > > I have 2 SanDisk Cruzer Crossfire disks, each 1gb FAT format to use with
    > > DOS programs..
    > > Gdisk shows #1 with 124cyls, 255hds, (A)status..
    > > Gdisk shows #2 with 994cyls, 32hds, (no)status

    > > How can I make #1 & #2 duplicates??

    > > I have wiped, reformatted, and have tried Ghost Clone to no avail....

    > Perhaps I forgot to mention the most important thing that Gdisk shows::
    >
    > Gdisk shows #1 as 972.7mb and #2 as 978.3mb....

    You must note that the 1GB label is a "marketing" gimmick. In
    general, the manufacturers rounds up on the total amount. Also, the
    formatting of the drive will not always use the complete capacity.

    smlunatick, Jul 6, 2010