USB Card Reader Installation Problem

Reaction score
Having just had my PC debugged, I now find that I cannot install the drivers on my card reader (4 slots, including one SD. Hong Kong via ebay - no make shown). I still have windows 98, I am ashamed to say.

I have tried on several occasions to install the drivers from the associated CD - at least 4 installation files are contained there, and although the installation process appears to have worked fine, none of the drivers ('G' to 'J' in this case) are shown in windows explorer, making it impossible to use.

When I originally bought the card reader last year, I was able to load the drivers without any problem.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Paul - UK

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. :)

Unplug the card reader from your MB, making sure you are off at the mains, re-start your PC with no reader and un-install all the drivers ... download CCleaner and run it ... re-connect the reader if your PC does not find new hardware on boot check to see if it is in device manager and install drivers as needed.

Best I can do for you ... :)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Unplug the card reader from your MB, making sure you are off at the mains, re-start your PC with no reader and un-install all the drivers ... download CCleaner and run it ... re-connect the reader if your PC does not find new hardware on boot check to see if it is in device manager and install drivers as needed.

sir mucks

u must be one busy bloke, with all these problems on here! lol

dont u ever get fedup?

Reaction score
muckshifter said:

Mr shifter,

Fantastic advice, I followed it to the letter and it worked a treat, when I finally got round to it!

Cheers

Paul

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hoorgi said:
Mr shifter,
Fantastic advice, I followed it to the letter and it worked a treat, when I finally got round to it!
Cheers

Paul
Glad it worked. :thumb:

:)

Ask a Question