urgent help needed

Reaction score
i have just got anew p.c but i have happened to get a virus i cant use ctrl alt and del i get this message when i attmpt that

task manager has been disabled by your administrator

i am the only admin for this p.c and i need toremove this also i get ads popping up like 888.com

i really need to get rid of this ive had the p.c less than a week
wallbash.gif

thanks safcfan4eva

ps i use norton some good that is

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Use the F-Secure online scanner and see what it comes up with - then download and run Ad-aware, Windows Defender, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster from HERE - if you still have problems post a hijackThis log and we'll see whats there :thumb:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Try this ...

Click Start, Run and type this command exactly as given below: (better - Copy and paste)

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

CRAP ... watch out ... there is NO space in Policies ... and I do not know why this silly VB keeps doing it

Mucks edit ... Ian, why is it I can never get 'code' to past properly. :(

Reaction score
i used another method of another forum also where i typed in tskmanager or something similar in run that was disabled too

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
safcfan4eva said:
i used another method of another forum also where i typed in tskmanager or something similar in run that was disabled too
Hmmm, don't like the sound of that ... TM should be able to run ... did you check on-line to make sure it isn't a nastie of same sort?

:confused:

Reaction score
yeah ive used all the programs andy webb reccomended i can right click on the bar at the bottom of the screen and click task manager but it dosent pop up and i cant use msconfig or regit in run still

i am using norton would installing fsucure and scanning make a difference

Reaction score
weird i reset my p.c i opened task manager up once fine then tried to again and it was unshaded again when i right clicked on the task bar

Reaction score
safcfan4eva said:
woul a sytem restore do any good if so how wuld i do this

gonna install mcafee i ahd it on my old p.c nothing got past it

thing is i dp a full p.c scan with norton and it picks nothing up but when im on the net or whatever i keep getting pop up windows all the time norton found a virus then two muites later norton removed the virus
but it keeps doing the same thing for the sam virus all day long :mad:
wallbash.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Never mind Nortons & McCaffee, none of 'em are much cop, try Antivir.

It's free. Download, install, update, run scan.

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
safcfan4eva said:
gonna install mcafee i ahd it on my old p.c nothing got past it

thing is i dp a full p.c scan with norton and it picks nothing up but when im on the net or whatever i keep getting pop up windows all the time norton found a virus then two muites later norton removed the virus
but it keeps doing the same thing for the sam virus all day long :mad:
wallbash.gif
i am curious if you are temporarily disabling system restore prior to running scans,,

Ask a Question