Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Microsoft have launched their latest operating system today - Windows 10. Many users may have avoided the divisive Windows 8 / 8.1 OS, choosing instead to stick with Windows 7. Gizmodo have published an article explaining what happens when you upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and why it isn't so scary after all:

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 is not quite as seamless as the move from Windows 8.1, but it’s close. You get to keep your applications and settings, and the process is simple and leaves you almost no chance to accidentally delete all your apps and data.

I liked Windows 7—so much that I almost didn’t want to give it up. Vista was horrible, and I balked at the dramatic changes in Windows 8 and 8.1. Windows 7 was nice and familiar, and for a tech journalist, I’m surprisingly resistant to change. On the other hand, Windows 10 looked like it would improve a few things without drastically altering the whole landscape of my PC, and I thought I could live with that. So I took the plunge.

Read the full article at Gizmodo

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Win 10.JPG

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And I'm told I'll have to uninstall Acronis True Image for the 'upgrade'.

Ho hum.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Had a Google os what StorLib bus is and it seems to be related to Lenovo Power Management Driver which is in my Programs and Features. Kind of funny though as my PC is an HP
trouble.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Upgraded and liking it so far, pretty non eventful upgrade, it was all rather as planned! :D

Ask a Question