    input before I pursue any particular course of action.
    --
    JW

    Guest, Nov 30, 2004

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    Norton Ghost 9.0
    http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

    Acronis True Image 8.0
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Jon wrote:
    > i just purchased a PC with an OEM version of XP Home (a new
    > experience - the OEM aspect). It has a 40 Gb hd and I wish to
    > install a 200 Gb hd. It appears I'm stuck with the smaller drive
    > unless I wish to use the larger (higher performance) drive as a
    > second disk only. By reading through the newsgroup postings it
    > appears this is not (unfortunately) a unique experience. The
    > postings indicate there is no upgrade/crash recovery option other
    > than purchasing a separate retail version of one's OS of choice. A
    > legitimate product key isn't much help without an installation cd -
    > Microsoft has accepted my product registration via the internet but I
    > don't know that I have any good options to implement the upgrade. I
    > have XP Home/Recovery cd's for an hp laptop I purchased - but I doubt
    > the code will work even though they're both OEM installs. I have
    > other options but would appreciate some input before I pursue any
    > particular course of action.

    Click on or copy and paste the link below into your web browser address bar.
    BootIT NG from Terabyte
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/
    Image for Windows and DOS
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html
    http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/downloads/image.zip
    Drive Image from Power Quest
    http://www.powerquest.com/
    Symantec Ghost.
    http://www.symantec.com/servsupp.html
    Maxblast II Plus
    http://tinyurl.com/275m
    Western Digital
    http://support.wdc.com/download/#dlgtools
    Casper XP
    http://www.fssdev.com/
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP

    http://michaelstevenstech.com

    Michael Stevens, Nov 30, 2004

    everyone buys the OS disks from the OEM manuf for about $20, Comaq, HP, IBM,
    eMachine or Dell

    Guest, Nov 30, 2004

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    "everyone buys the OS disks from the OEM manuf for about $20, Comaq, HP,
    IBM,
    eMachine or Dell"

    No kidding? Kindly post a URL for Dell so I can purchase their OEM Windows
    XP for about $20.
    --
    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Nov 30, 2004

    Martin Guest

    Ted Zieglar wrote:
    > "everyone buys the OS disks from the OEM manuf for about $20, Comaq, HP,
    > IBM,
    > eMachine or Dell"
    >
    > No kidding? Kindly post a URL for Dell so I can purchase their OEM Windows
    > XP for about $20.

    E-bay is your best bet
    --
    Best Wishes from Martin