    advpack.dll, but the spyware signature in the main window still says that the
    signatures havent been updated for 14 days.

    Dexter.

    Guest, Mar 30, 2006

    Tom Emmelot Guest

    Hello Dexteur,

    did you try:
    WD/Help/About/check for Updates?

    Regards >*< TOM >*<

    Tom Emmelot, Mar 30, 2006

    Hi Tom,

    Yes I did try your method, but I still got the same message. Im not sure
    whether this is with the Windows Defender configuration or my network
    connectivity. It worked for the first few times after I initially install it,
    but then it doesn't work anymore.

    Thanks.

    Guest, Mar 30, 2006

    Hi, after reinstalling Defender three times and always getting messages that
    updates successfulm although nothing was installed (direct and with Windows
    Update), today I got message update error. I then followed Article ID 915105
    and it finally updated to the latest version. I am not sure why, but I am
    very happy. Helga

    Guest, Apr 2, 2006
  5. Great--glad that worked.

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 4, 2006
  6. Does your network involve a proxy?

    You might try either checking or unchecking "automatically detect" for
    proxies in the properties of the Internet connection.

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 9, 2006